lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2020

NEW: Our NEW Monthly Book Club!

A man looking at a bookshelf in a library
Posted: 11/2/20 | November 2nd, 2020

Hey all! Just a quick post today about some exciting news:

We’re starting a virtual book club!

While we already have a monthly “book club” of sorts in which I send out suggested reads, starting this month, we’re going pick a particular book and then discuss through a virtual event on The Nomadic Network.

But here’s the kicker: the author is going to be part of our discussion!

One of the benefits of being a bad writer is that I know a lot of other writers.

And writers like talking about their books.

So, every month, I’m going to tap my writing network and we’re going to have an hour-long discussion with the author about their book.

The subjects of the books we choose will mostly be about travel but also touch on self-development, psychology, and entrepreneurship.

(The talks will be free but, since the authors are giving an hour of their time, we hope you’ll have bought and read their book!)

Our first book of the month kicks off with…..me!

We’re going to be reading Ten Years a Nomad. This book is about my ten years backpacking the world and the lessons I learned along the way. On the discussion call next month, I’ll talk about why I wrote it, the tons of versions it went through, and who I drew inspiration from. I’ll also take your questions on the book.

The talk will be on December 2nd at 12pm EST.

You can click here to register for the event. (It’s free!)

(Going forward, all our book club discussions will be the first Wednesday of every month.)

You can get the book online at the following places:

You can also find the book here:

And in Canada:

And in the UK and Australia:

However, if you are in the United States, I strongly encourage you to get the book from Bookshop, which ensures your book is ordered and shipped from an independent bookstore. No, more than ever, small bookstores need our support!

The team and I are super excited about this! We’ve already lined up authors for our next three events!!! I think having the authors discussing their books is something unique.

So that’s it!

Grab the book and I’ll see you on December 2nd!

If you have any questions, drop them in the comments.

– Matt

P.S. – You don’t need to buy the book to come to the talk. It’s open and free for all but I’m sure all the authors we’re going to have on would appreciate the support. 🙂

Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips and Tricks

Book Your Flight
Find a cheap flight by using Skyscanner or Momondo. They are my two favorite search engines because they search websites and airlines around the globe so you always know no stone is left unturned.

Book Your Accommodation
You can book your hostel with Hostelworld. If you want to stay elsewhere, use Booking.com as they consistently return the cheapest rates for guesthouses and cheap hotels.

Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will protect you against illness, injury, theft, and cancellations. It’s comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. I never go on a trip without it as I’ve had to use it many times in the past. I’ve been using World Nomads for ten years.

My favorite companies that offer the best service and value are:

Looking for the best companies to save money with?
Check out my resource page for the best companies to use when you travel! I list all the ones I use to save money when I travel — and I think will help you too!

The post NEW: Our NEW Monthly Book Club! appeared first on Nomadic Matt's Travel Site.



November 02, 2020 at 02:26PM

fom https://ift.tt/38bcYWe
by IHholiday Travel trip

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario