sábado, 16 de noviembre de 2019

The Best Business Travel Credit Cards for Digital Nomads

an assortment of business credit cards, including a Visa, Mastercard, and American Express
Posted: 11/16/19 | November 16th, 2019

One of the best parts about running a business is the cool business travel credit cards you get access to. These cards tend to have a lot better points-earning abilities and perks than consumer cards. I’ve been running this website for eleven years and have tried a lot of cards during that time.

I’m often asked by other bloggers, creators, and entrepenuers which business travel credit card is the best.

Well, first, let me say, there is no “best.”

Every business is different, and everyone has different needs. For example, I love the Amex Platinum card’s Delta lounge perk since I fly Delta a lot. (The Centurian Lounges are wonderful too.) Similarly, I love the Delta card because the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQM) bonus helps me maintain my status. But if you aren’t a Delta flier, then that card doesn’t make sense for you. I also use Chase Ink a lot because their Ultimate Rewards points transfer to a lot of airlines I want to fly. But maybe you like to fly other airlines.

Everyone is different. I have friends who live by American Airlines card, Citi Cards, American Express, and so forth. We’re all different.

So ask yourself, “What is my goal?”

Are you interested in loyalty to a brand, free rewards, or avoiding fees? Do you want to milk the rewards and bonus system to get free flights, or do you just want a card that won’t charge you a fee for using it at that restaurant in Brazil? Is elite status the most important perk for you? Do you want points you can use like cash for anything?

Get the card that aligns with your goals.

But, while there is no one “best” card, there are some that are better than others. Here is my list of favorite travel-related business credit cards.

MY FAVORITE: Chase Ink Business Preferred Card

This is my favorite all-around business card. I really like transferring Chase points for Star Alliance flights and Hyatt hotels, I love the 3x points on digital ad spends (we run a lot of Facebook ads), and when you throw in 3x points per dollar spent on travel and you have everything I need. Plus, with an annual fee of only $95, it’s really unbeatable value for money. When you get this card, you’ll get:

  • 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases
  • 3x points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent
  • 1x points per dollar spent on all other purchases
  • No foreign transaction fees

This card should be in every business owner’s wallet. I can’t recommend it enough.

—-> Sign up for this card by clicking here!

American Express Business Platinum Card

This is one of the best cards out there, especially if you’re a Delta flyer or make a lot of large purchases. The perks include the following:

  • 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 (and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000) within the first three months
  • 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels using amextravel.com
  • 1.5x points per dollar on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more
  • 35% of points back when you use points for booking flights
  • $200 credit on fees related to your favorite airline
  • Up to $200 in credit with Dell
  • $100 for Global Entry
  • Free Priority Pass
  • Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
  • Hilton Honors Gold status
  • One year WeWork membership (this expires at the end of 2019)

Fees: $595 annually, no foreign transaction fees

While the annual fee is pretty high, it does come with a lot of travel benefits that I tend to use a lot. The welcome bonus definitely makes it a no-brainer in the first year so you can get all those points. The added statement credits and lounge access makes the card worth carrying for me.
—-> Sign up for this card by clicking here!

Capital One Spark Miles for Business

I like this card because you get two points on everything. It’s simple. So I use this for the non-bonus categories like paying vendors, restaurants, and whatever else doesn’t come with a bonus from Amex or Chase. Whatever I can’t get 3 points per dollar on them with, I use this card for. When you sign up, you get the following benefits:

  • 50,000 miles when you spend $4,500 within the first three months
  • 2x miles on every purchase
  • No blackouts or seat restrictions
  • Points transfer to any of their 10+ travel partners
  • Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • $0 intro for the first year, $95 annually after that

—-> Sign up for this card!

American Express Business Gold Card

This is a great card to earn extra points on your biggest spending categories. You can get up to 4x points on selected categories so I will put my two largest spending categories on this card. This card comes with a $295 yearly fee and the following perks:

  • 4x Membership Rewards points on two select categories where you spend the most each month
  • 1x rewards on other purchases
  • 25% points back after you book a flight using Pay with Points
  • A $100 hotel credit to spend on qualifying dining, spa, and resort activities, and a room upgrade (when available) when you book two consecutive nights at any accommodation in The Hotel Collection
  • No foreign transaction fees

—-> Sign up for this card!

Airline and Hotel Cards

What about airline and hotel cards? Well, you should get the card for the airline and/or hotel you’re loyal to because they come with free checked bags and preferred boarding and a few other perks. I tend not to use them for my everyday spending since you get better value per dollar spent with Chase or American Express.

I always get the cards for the bonus offer and then keep the cards for the perks. Most fees are only $95 a year so it’s an easy business expense.

Here are my favorite business cards for various airlines and hotels:

***

There are a lot of options for business cards, so you can always find something to meet your needs. I usually split my spending between a few cards and then shift my spending if I need to hit any bonus requirements. I have a Delta card for the pay-with-points option, a Marriott card because I stay there a lot, and Chase and American Express cards for everything else.

If you don’t want this many cards and want to keep things simple, stick to a hotel or airline card for the perks and then pick whatever one other card has the most perks you need and just use those!

Advertiser Disclosure: “Nomadic Matt has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Nomadic Matt and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.”

Editorial Disclosure: “Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.”

Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips and Tricks

Book Your Flight
Find a cheap flight by using Skyscanner or Momondo. They are my two favorite search engines because they search websites and airlines around the globe so you always know no stone is left unturned.

Book Your Accommodation
You can book your hostel with Hostelworld as they have the largest inventory. If you want to stay somewhere other than a hostel, use Booking.com as they consistently return the cheapest rates for guesthouses and cheap hotels. I use them all the time.

Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will protect you against illness, injury, theft, and cancellations. It’s comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. I never go on a trip without it as I’ve had to use it many times in the past. I’ve been using World Nomads for ten years. My favorite companies that offer the best service and value are:

Looking for the best companies to save money with?
Check out my resource page for the best companies to use when you travel! I list all the ones I use to save money when I travel – and that will save you time and money too!

The post The Best Business Travel Credit Cards for Digital Nomads appeared first on Nomadic Matt's Travel Site.



November 16, 2019 at 03:26PM

fom https://ift.tt/2Qo3w9i
by IHholiday Travel trip

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario